St. Peter's Youth Group
St. Peter’s Youth Group is open to young people in middle or high school.
We believe each student is created and loved by God, and we seek to create a place where students can find a home while learning more about faith.
St. Peter’s Youth Group aims to capture the minds and imaginations of students so they will live for Christ, embrace one another as family, and show Christian love to our community and the world.
Our youth meet monthly on Sundays for the Gathering as well as for numerous special events, programs, retreats, and trips throughout the year.
For more information, email Youth Leader Atif Gaddis.
Follow this vibrant and engaged ministry on Instagram.
Youth Mission Trip 2023!
We have set a date and location for our Summer Youth Mission Trip. It will be from June 25th through June 30th in Harrisburg, PA, the state capital of the commonwealth to the north of us. Assistant Rector, Pastor Greg Harbaugh, be joining us and will give us the insider’s tour when we are there. We are glad to offer a mission trip again this year to our youth. It is a fun and special experience for all who participate, ask any young person who has previously done one.
There is a non-refundable $50 participation fee for any youth who would like to go on the mission trip. This is due by Sunday, March 19th. The total cost of the trip per person after the fee is currently $400.00 and is due by April 26th. We want to make the trip more affordable for families of any St. Peter’s youth who wants to participate. We will be having some upcoming fundraisers so that the cost for families can be reduced.
There are several spaces available on our team and we are planning to extend an invitation to youth who attend churches in the Southern Convocation and possibly other churches in the Diocese to join us. Spread the word and invite your friends to join us! Click here for a poster.
Click here to see the slides from the Youth Group's mission trip in July 2022.
- Sunday, 4/2/23 12:30 to 2:00 pm -- The Gathering -- St. Peter's Educational Annex
- Sunday, 4/9/23 10:00 to 10:30 am -- Easter Egg Hunt -- Downtown Plaza
- Friday, 4/28/23 6:00 to 11:00 pm -- Youth Summit -- Camp Wright
- Saturday, 4/29/23 7:00 am to 11:00 pm -- Youth Summit -- Camp Wright
- Sunday, 4/30/23 7:00 am to 12:00 pm -- Youth Summit -- Camp Wright
- Sunday, 5/21/23 9:00 am to 10:15 -- Awards Sunday -- St. Peter's Church
- Sunday, 6/25/23 through Friday, 6/30/23 -- Youth Mission Trip -- Harrisburgh, PA
Year in Review
St. Peter's Youth Group has been busy this year! Check out what's been going on below:
- Prepared 2 meals for the Men’s Homeless Shelter
- Volunteered at the MD Food Bank
- 4 youth went on a week-long mission trip to Charleston, WV
- 2 youth participated in the 3-day Diocese Youth Summit
- Organized the Children’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Had our First Sunday Fun Day at Baja Amusements in West Ocean City
- Celebrated the graduation of 5 Seniors
- Helped paint the Blessing Box
- Continued to meet regularly for the Gathering
Below are links to publications that may be helpful for parents.
Never Better A Time For Family Prayer
Crisis Parent Conversation Guide - PreSchool
Crisis Parent Conversation Guide - Elementary
Crisis Parent Conversation Guide - MS
Crisis Parent Conversation Guide - HS
Anxiety Parent Conversation Guide - MS
Anxiety Parent Conversation Guide - HS
St. Peter’s Church awards two scholarships each year. The Van der Bogart scholarship is open to any resident of Wicomico County. The Reeves scholarship is awarded to a member of St. Peter’s Church. Click here for more information.