Volunteer at the 155th Diocese of Easton Convention !
Your Diocese needs you
Volunteer Orientation and Training: Feb. 18 at 10am, St. Peter's, Salisbury
Members of the Parishes of the Southern Convocation: Your help is needed to fill volunteer positions to support the work of the 155th Convention of the Diocese of Easton, to be held at St. Peter's Church, 115 St. Peter's Street in downtown Salisbury. This page provides information for volunteers and a link to sign up. Thank you for helping your diocese as the bishop, clergy and lay delegates from across the Diocese of Easton come together on March 4, 2023 to conduct the business of the diocese at its annual convention.
- Friday Day Set-Up Team: Help set up tables and chairs in the Parish Hall and Courtyard;
- Friday Evening Set Up Team: Help set up the church for the convention meeting after 6pm Holy Eucharist.
- Outside Team: Direct traffic and assist those unloading passengers; parking and shuttles
- Steward Team: Positioned at all entrances to greet and direct foot traffic and answer questions; monitor access to convention floor.
- Facilities team: Check bathrooms and trash receptacles hourly, ensure that eating areas, meeting rooms are clean and tidy.
- Food Serving Team: Ensure dining rooms are set up and assist in serving and making sure food and drinks are resupplied as needed for breakfast and lunch; maintain hospitality table.
- Tech Team: Staffing Tech Table, running A/V equipment during convention, directing livestream and video presentations, and assist with electronic voting
- End of Convention Set Up Team: Cleaning up and converting back church and parish house for Sunday Worship
Do I have to register if I am a volunteer?
Yes, every volunteer needs to register at the Diocesan Website. Register as a Volunteer. You do not pay the fee. For payment choose “pay later.” If you are volunteering on Saturday a meal is included. First, sign up by clicking the Sign Up button. Then register for convention by going to Registration page: CLICK HERE
Where do I park when I volunteer?
Please park in the parking garage or the free parking lot off Division Street. Carpool if you can. If you have mobility issues see if someone can drop you off on Church Street. Contact the Outside Team leader Vic Evans in advance of convention if you require a handicapped parking space or special parking.
Where do I check in when I come to St. Peter’s to volunteer?
All Volunteers are asked to check in and receive their credentials at the Hospitality Room in the Basement of the Parish House (a.k.a. the choir room). Use the parking lot door to the Parish Office off Church Street and go down the steps or use the elevator. If your shift begins before the 8am door opening, please buzz in at the entrance and identify yourself as a volunteer.
Is there a place I can put things or rest or eat while I am at St. Peter’s?
Volunteers may use the Hospitality Room for staff and volunteers.
How will I know what to do?
There is a Volunteer Orientation and Training scheduled at St. Peter’s for Saturday, February 18, from 10am until 12noon that you need to attend. You will receive basic information about being a volunteer, receive a tour of the church, and meet with your team to go over all your responsibilities. Please plan to be present for this orientation and training. Parking is on the street or in municipal lots – there is free parking in downtown Salisbury on Saturday. A limited number of spaces in the church parking lot will be for handicapped parking.